IMPHAL, Oct 13: Agitating Sadar Hills Districthood Demand Committee has alleged that the State Government is adopting different policies to suppress the mass movement of Sub-division.
The committee accused the Government of trying to win over the leaders of SHDDC with false or fair means by liasoning through pressure groups, NGOs and other groups.
It would be well for the State Government not to manoeuvre the genuine demand of its citizens and try to disorient the right tract, SHDDC added.
It added, “We shall never bow before injustice and give up our rightful demand under unwarranted and disturbing situations.”
SHDDC further said, “We strongly believe that no popular Government will dishonour the rightful and genuine demand of its citizens for more than 40 years.”
The SHDDC has been spear heading a strong movement for creation of Sadar Hills district.
Source: The Sangai Express
- Sadar Hills Districthood Demand Committee – Press Release (koksum.com)
- Sadar Hills students come out in support of district demand (koksum.com)
- Saparmeina meet resolves to intensify stir (koksum.com)
- SHDDC greetings on Kut (koksum.com)
- CM to meet President, PM on Sadar Hills issue (koksum.com)